Re: MR: Banter--A contest!

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

>  Poster: alairia@juno.com (Lisa Z. Morgan)
>
> Penned Miriam:
> snip>
>
> If thou dost salute the feather in my cap, dost note its hue? For it is
> no shade at all if not the best azure, and therefore doth proclaim me
> more than passing blest by the kindness of so fair a lady as thyself!
>
> And, if terpsichore thou be,  (as by thine own words proclaimed,)
> then shall I claim a dance when that clan which bears the same badge
> doth its great Ball hold at Pennsic?  I admit most freely that my
> tongue is more nimble than my feet can ever claim, yet if thou wilt
> grace me with a measure, I will with happy effort suplement my
> meager skill.
>
> Lyon FilsHenri, who hath met his match!
So blest art thou by deepest azure that an ocean of wit doth fall from thy
tongue drop by drop, to make a rainbow of poetic invention that colours thy
speech most brilliant!  In thee am I blest to find such radiant and facetted
speech, that each word doth send a sparkling colour forth in explication of
thy purpose.
'Tis but the blessing of the muse which moves my feet in humble worship of the
song of life, and I shall in attendance be when Pennsic doth come to pass and
many such dances are held.  Shouldst thou purpose to do so, 'tis but a simple
thing to, with a measure of grace, incline my feet to join in such a holy
task.  Shouldst thou do so, I should measure thee with grace, and grace thee
with a measure.....'twould be a pleasure, Gentle Lord, as 'twould be in any
case of such grace and flourish!

Miri

Miriam Rachael bat Mordecai | Purpure on a bend Or,
akaThe Intriguing Miriam    | between two swans naiant
Isenfiri-In-Exile           | respectant, wings elevated
mka: Heather E.M. Swann     | and addorsed argent, three
email:swann@intercon.com    | sprigs of heather palewise