Re: SCA Insurance

Poster: "David H Ritterskamp" <dhritter@dpcmail.dukepower.com>

     [Duncan wrote:]

There are other benefits involved, the merits of which have been discussed
elsewhere; I have no problem with those. But I am not convinced that
insurance costs are a valid justification for pay-to-fight.

Regards,
Duncan MacKinnon

        [Duncan, et al:

        probably the most valid justification I can think of for pay-to-fight is
        that if Joe Schmuck comes to an event, fights, gets somebody hurt, and
        isn't a member, then the Society (last I heard, but correct me when I'm
        wrong) doesn't have to pay diddly to anybody. The reply "We only cover
        members..." when asked wouldn't surprise me a bit, by Occam's Razor of
        Murphy's Law:

        "The least complicated explanation is the one that's going to get you in
        the most trouble at the least opportune moment."

        Ld. Jonathan Blackbow