Re: DISC: Re: Pay-to-Fight and SCA Insurance

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> When did you send in your membership? It may be that it
> will arrive in the mail no problem. Memberships are batch
> processed at the end of the month for the next month and
> are usually all mailed out by the 15th of the month for
> which they are (ex: your app arrives Milpitas June 12.
> It is processed beginning June 28 and is mailed by July
> 15 for July membership. It should arrive to you by the
> end of July...at least that is always how it has seemed
> to work for me).

Actually, if you mail your renewal in early, they often don't process
it until they have to. This becomes annoying if your membership is
over in July, and want a fighter card for Pennsic. I've mailed by
Emerald Joust and not gotten my card until 2 weeks before
Pennsic... leaving me begging the MoL to renew my fighter card without
proof at Assessment. My bank doesn't return checks and I didn't send a
postcard because I was renewing so early that I expected to have my
card back in plenty of time.

Silly me.

Does any kingdom other than Atlantia currently have pay-to-fight?

Gregory Blount