Re: His Highness's New Clothes

Poster: jonesj@SunBelt.Net (Phillip Jones)

On Mon, 01 Jul 1996 14:36:55 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Poster: Henry Best <jstrauss@gmu.edu>
>
>Thank you, Melys.
>
>Yes, if a person in authority, real or ceremonial, publicly gets his
>facts wrong and forms conclusions based on those incorrect facts, our
>duty to correct the mistake is _greater_ not _lesser_.

I agree that we need to correct mistakes, however I do NOT agree that
our duty to do so is somehow enhanced if the "mistaker" wears a pointy
hat. My lord, if you, or anyone else, possesses knowledge that
surplants mine own, please hand it over; a gentle correction is
preferable to continued ignorance. Remember that we ALL have
opportunity for the crown.  Some are willing to train, some aren't;
some have talent, some don't; in rare cases, the two are combined.