Re: DISC: Public correction

Poster: "Christine Jurand" <cjurand@awod.com>

    I believe that when a correction is to be made, it should be made in
private, to spare embarrassment for BOTH parties.  I don't believe the
original author meant any nastiness, but words upon a page are more open
to close scrutiny and their tone may more easily be mistaken than they
would, perhaps, be delivered in person.  I believe that, as members of an
honorable society, we should ALWAYS strive to act with the utmost
courtesy, regardless of whom we are addressing...after all, wouldn't
everyone like to be addressed in this way?
Just a few thoughts...
                Lady Gabrielle Gasparella