MR-Disc: Song copyright

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

I Steal Tunes
(to the tune of "American Pie")

I'm singing these words 'though they don't fit well with the tune I'm using.
I apologize if the synchopation is a bit confusing.
But I steal tunes,
Any tunes.
I steal tunes,
And I stole a tune
>From you know who.
>From you know who.
>From you know who.

I get a little tired of having to say that I am a mystic,
To explain the fact that my melodies are anachronistic.
But I steal tunes,
Modern tunes.
I steal tunes,
And I stole a tune
>From you know who.
>From you know who.
>From you know who.

That's what I do.  (That's what he do.)
That's what I do.  (That's what he do.)
That's what I do.

  I can't think up tunes in my head;
  I take them from others, instead.
  I turn my back on the scorn I might draw,
  Thumbing my nose at the copyright law.
    (Thumbing his nose at the copyright law.)
  Thumbing my nose at the copyright law.
    (Thumbing his nose at the copyright law.)
  Well, I'm a-thumbing my nose at the copyright law, yeah.

I'm singing this tune 'though my vocal talents are rather paltry.
I can't pretend I can sing as well as can Roger Daltry.
But I steal tunes,
Lots of tunes.
I steal tunes,
And I stole a tune