Re: "Official"?

Poster: jonesj@SunBelt.Net (Phillip Jones)

On Tue, 02 Jul 1996 22:06:37 -0400, you wrote:

>I assure you, friends, I am not asking these things merely to be contrary,
>but to clarify not only when a fighter must be authorized (and thus a
>member) but also when a gathering might be covered (or uncovered, depending
>on who you talk to) by the SCA insurance policy. And while it is a matter of
>semantics, unfortunately it is on semantics that the US legal system is
>built (well, truth, justice, &c. as well, but semantics as well). This has
>always been something which bothered me and I have never been able to find a
>satisfactory explaination. If anyone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
Atlantian policy is that the event must be publicized in the acorn.
That means that the Cronicler must receive the proper forms with the
proper signatures (Autocrat and Marshal) at least 30 days before the
event. If you tell your friends at a metting "hey, let's get together
on thursday at Thor's house and fight" it is just you folks, it isn't
SCA, and is uncovered.

One of the areas I'm still grey on is the demo. Are they covered by
some insurance policy? Just WHAT does the policy cover? Anybody got a
copy?