RE: Disc: Pay-to-Fight

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <Neilltl@ptsc.slg.eds.com>

Harold Feld (Yaakov HaMizrachi) <hfeld@ids2.idsonline.com> wrote:

>Actually, I object for the following reasons:
>snip<
>3) A strong feeling that mandatory membership cheapens us all by
>devaluing contributions of labor and lauding contributions of money.

This is the main reason I do not support "Pay-to-Play" and "Pay-to-Fight".

In kingdoms where there is no membership requirement to participate in SCA
activities, the activities of 'non-member' volunteers support local groups,
principalities and kingdoms to an extent that FAR outweighs the relatively
few non-member non-volunteers who only support with their site fees.

Frankly, the time any one 'non-member' volunteer spends organizing and
helping at events and helping their local group does a lot more to
benefit Atlantia than the >$70 Ana Ilevna and I send to Milpitas every year.

        - Anarra