Re: Re[4]: "Official"?

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  and thus we arrive at my original point, which is, how can we define a
  function to be "official" enough to be covered by insurance yet "unofficial"
  enough to allow unauthorized/non-dues-paying combatants to fight? Perhaps an
  explicit definition of where practices (and demos) fall in the grand scheme
  of these things is necessary.

Much of the rest of the Society does not have this problem.  Anything that is
publicized appropriately, and which is sponsored by a group, is insured.
What we call that meeting is another story.  I suspect that in Atlantia,
anything which is referred to as a practice is exempted from membership
requirements for combat: but I don't see where that is mentioned.  I just
scanned the Kingdom Laws from the web page, and they don't mention anything
about relaxed standards by using the keywords "member" or "practice".  I also
checked the Earl Marshal and MOL policies.

	Tibor