Re: constructive solutions

Poster: Dick Eney <dickeney@access.digex.net>

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> I'd like to make a constructive suggestion, one which might help
> everyone: a TI article described an apparatus, consisting of a post, a
> bowling ball, and a tape measure, which can be used to accurately
> measure the force of a blow.
>
> Perhaps it would be fun to make such a device, pick an amount of force
> which seems reasonable to the Chivalry and/or the marshals, and hold a
> contest to see which fighter can most reliably deliver said blow?
> Tests like this might enable the armored fighters in the kingdom to
> agree on what an appropriate killing blow is, and making it a contest
> might make it fun and constructive.

Some years ago a device for measuring the force of blows was set up at
Pennsic.  I couldn't get near it, as the serious fighters were
monopolizing the thing, so I don't know exactly what it was, but does
anybody remember it and remember whether anything was done with the
results?

|---------Master Vuong Manh, C.P., Storvik, Atlantia---------|
|Now, let's stop and think: how would Bugs Bunny handle this?|
|----------------(dickeney@access.digex.net)-----------------|