Re: Demo Question

Poster: Rowanwald South <rowanwald@wwisp.com>

Dan Mackison wrote:
> PS. For those who don't know, a boffer sword is a PVC pipe covered in soft
> foam and then loosely wrapped in duct tape.
>  _________________________
> /                         \
> |                         |======0

Just a note - while you can make boffer weapons in any form that you
wish, the only ones that can be used on site, at a tourney, CANNOT have
PVC inside. We've had too many children sustain 'blunt weapon' bruises
from them. I'm still trying to find an acceptable substitution. If you
have any suggestions, please contact me. We have been exploring the idea
of cutting swords from the foam kickboards presently available at toy
stores. I don't have access to the tools (I'm out of state) to try it
though.  I know the small ones make great shields....
				Rosine