RE: Potlach

Poster: alairia@juno.com (L. Z. Morgan)

Good Gentles:

As to the idea of a gift exchange between Kingdoms--I love this idea! May
Alairia play too?

As to whether or not it is period, look to the Vikings, where a kenning
for King or Chief was "Ring-Giver", and his Thanes and  Coerls
_expected_ generousity and a steady supply of goodies as part of their
"fuedal" agreements.

Our King will probably love this idea too--he's the fellow who decided to
provide place settings for the 50 or so we expect at his Coronation on
Saturday...

Regards,

Sir Lyon FilsHenri, KPR
Princeps Aulerius