Re: What's the Point(less)?

Poster: MPengwyn@aol.com

   Various gentles have posted on the topics of Potlatches, but it would be
well to remember that it was also used as a nefarious means of indebting the
other members of the community. You got rid of things you no longer wanted,
often specifically giving items you hated to people you did not like.
Additionally, it often caused others to have to hold a Potlatch to show that
they were as good as you.

    My recollection of the first Pointless War was that it was started to
provide an interkingdom event where no points were given in a show of
harmony...that we could play together for the fun of it.

    And I think *that* is the point...

In Service,

Meghan