Re: MR: INFO: Query: Flame Retardant stuff

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

Miriam Rachael wrote:
>I've gone through the phone book under awnings, tents, and fireproofing, and
>called most of the listings, but can't find one that carries something to
>flame retard a canvas tent...does anyone have other ideas on where to look?
>
>Miri

No matter what you find or use, dear lady, please, DO NOT take any sort of
live flame into your tent.  Perhaps you were not at Pointless II, when a
merchant's tent went up in flames due to an untended lantern.  Those who
were there can describe it very vividly.  (Will some gentle oblige?  I had
gone back home for the night.)

As I recall, nobody was seriously harmed, but the merchant lost almost
everything - tent, stock, personal gear, etc.  Security managed to keep it
from spreading, but they and a number of other gentles didn't get much more
sleep that night...

             __.-/|
             \`o_O'
                U|   | ACK |
     )   /^\/   _) \    |		 Alanna Volchevo Lesa
     )   _ /  / _)  \___|_		 <rjwelenc@erols.com>