Re: a few unrelated questions

Poster: "Daniel D. Weil" <weil@kis.net>

Date:          Thu, 18 Jul 1996 05:51:32 -0500
From:          atlantia@csc.ncsu.edu
Subject:       Re: a few unrelated questions
To:            weil@pop.kis.net

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Viscountess Vincetta wrote:

> Here's a few questions I am having trouble finding an answer to
> locally...
>
> 1) I seem to remember somebody mentioning something about lining a
> homemade mug with "liquid glass" to keep it safe for drinking. Does
> anybody out there now know more on this?

I'm afraid I've never heard of this. Of what are you making the mug?
Knowing this may suggest other alternatives.

> 2) Are there any companies that refurbish/reseal big, old, nylon tents?
> Any way I can do it at home?

Don't know of any companies that do this, but you can get Thompson's
Water Sealer and do it yourself at home, and probably cheaper since
you won't hvae to pay for labour. You can get Thompson's at any hardware
store. Do this outside. Set up the tent and get yourself a paint roller
and have at.

In service,
Corun

I strongly recommend against this.  I don't believe Thompson's is fit
for human consumption and it is not permanent, thus will come off in
you.

Not only disgusting but very probably risky.  Fer shame, Your
Excellency.

Daniel of Rutland
(MKA Dan Weil)

Come to Highland Foorde, Heartland of Atlantia