Re: a few unrelated questions

Poster: "Eric Jon Campbell" <ejcampbe@eos.ncsu.edu>

> > Here's a few questions I am having trouble finding an answer to
> > locally...
> >
> > 1) I seem to remember somebody mentioning something about lining a
> > homemade mug with "liquid glass" to keep it safe for drinking. Does
> > anybody out there now know more on this?

its called acri-glass
its used to mount gun barrels or something like that
its expensive but I have met horn workers who swore by it.  (they also
coincidentally were using the stuff to mount barrels on "last of the mohecan"
style muskets (the type with the head splitter in the stock)

this is a fragmented memory from two years ago when I called around for it but
never ordered it but they seemed to mention its used for putting the bead on or
something about trueing the barrel bedding

-Xavier

--
There can be only juan!
                         <100% columbian coffee>