From: Kevin of Thornbury
To: atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
Subject: Re: Leifr, please read
Date: Thursday, July 18, 1996 6:32AM

Poster: Kevin of Thornbury <kevin@maxson.com>

> I think we might as Lord Rabah what he thinks of collecting these poems >
and publishing them, the proceeds to go to support tragicly widowed >
Atlantian Baronesses.

My Lord,
I can only hope that in this society of chilvary and
courtousy, that the above last few lines, were a hastly written
mistake, and not the mean-spirted bad humor they now appear to
be.As a friend of Myles and Owain, I am shocked. As a member of
our Kingdom, I am ashamed. I can only hope that you can explain
this to this List, your Knight, your King to whom your fealty
runs, the Barony of Marinus, and most importantly Baroness
Owain.( Or is she like Duke Micheal, fair game to your attacks,
since she is not subscribing to this list.)

Awaiting your reply,

Bryce de Byram
s0jswelc@cabell.vcu.edu

If I may hazard a guess....

     When investigating whether or not a group could give monetary
     offers of support to an individual, we found it was not possible
     for a non-profit organization to do this.  *However*, from one
     organization to another, this was ok.  So I think he was suggesting
     that we create an "organization" that is "Tragically Widowed.."
     so that she could receive official Kingdom support (from poetry
     publishing proceeds) without any legal issues.

     I'd guess the sarcastic undertones were due to an annoyance with the
     law, not with the situation.  (Though the wording could have been
     a little clearer, Leifr... ;-)

     [But, I'm just coming up with the best possible answer. =) ]

_____                                         |+^+|  Kevin of Thornbury
  kevin@maxson.com   http://sca.maxson.com