Re: More Pennsic Travel (and weather)

Poster: Lance Day <lday@access.digex.net>

Corun wrote:

> >..nary a constable in sight the whole 173 miles..
>
> Just a note of caution. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they
> aren't there. A favourite trick of the MD State Patrol is to have an
> unmarked car with the radar in it tailing you until the marked car catches
> you up and pulls you over. The unmarked car then goes his merry way to
> follow the next unsuspecting victim.

I make this trip twice a week; rain, sun, or snow and haven't seen a
whole lot of this on I-70/I-68.  Which is fortunate for me... :)
(I _do_ keep it under speed_limit + 10, but...)

Perhaps it's just coincidence, but I could count on one hand the number
patrol cars (marked or otherwise) that I've seen over the last year or
so on that route.  ...and yes, I have the usual number of fingers :)

> >Oh, and for War Weather on the Web, check out:
> >http://www.nnic.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/page?pg=netcast
> >and in the box, type "New Castle, PA".
> >When asked, select the one in Lawrence County...
>
> I thought Pennsic was in Butler County. Or is it that Lawrence and Butler
> are next to each other?

They are indeed.  The dividing line between the counties falls about a
mile west of I-79, cutting across the intersection of Rt 422 and Rt 19.

In service,
Uryene