MR-Disc: Optimum Osmolality

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> > I was reading the issue of NASA Tech Briefs that came today
> > and found an article that might be of use to the Invincible
> > Fighters of Atlantia.
> >
> > It's titled innocuously enough: 'Improved Hyperhydration Beverage'
> >
> > The article starts off:
> >
> > "A beverage has been formulated for restoring hydration homeostasis
> > in persons who have become dehydrated (hypohydrated) through
> > physical extertion, illness, or other causes." (like Fighting, maybe?)
> >
> > They go on to describe how the formulation has near optimum osmolality.
> > [recipe omitted]

> [subject] We have to Give this Drink A Name!   :)
> [subject] I meant a Cool Atlantian name  :)
>  Let me put it to you like this, You don't care what it tastes like after
> you have been fighting in the Pennsic Sun for several Hours.     I drank
> that pennsic swill last year by the Gallon.
[...]

I think "Optimum Osmolality" has a nice ring to it.

Or how about this: since it will be used to help a fighter get
a handle on his thirst, we could name it after that vital part
of the sword that connects the blade to the hilt.  The name
escapes me right now, but I'm pretty sure it would be appropriate.

Or how about acknowleging its Space-Age origin by calling it
"The Drinks Above The Citizens of the World"?  This sounds
much better in Latin: "Super Mundanos Potiones"

I also propose "Ventus Secundus" ("Second Wind") for NASA-developed
oxygen tanks.

And "Mission Control" should replace "Autocrat" and "Feastocrat"
(which, after all, were only coined because there is no medieval
word for "steward").

-- Alfredo
(who misses "Rocket Robin Hood" cartoons)

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com
Jeg har skrevet et sted,     |  Put up in a place
hvor jeg daglig maa se,      |  where it's easy to see
det manende tankesprog:      |  the cryptic admonishment
    T.T.T.                   |      T.T.T.

Naar man foeler hvor lidet   |  When you feel how depressingly
man naaer med sin flid,      |  slowly you climb,
er det nyttigt at mindes,at  |  it's well to remember that
    Ting Tar Tid.            |      Things Take Time.
              -- Kumbel      |                  -- Piet Hein (1905-1996)