Re: Who is Sir Bruenis

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> Who is Sir Bruenis Saunce Pite?
>
> I believe it is actually meant to be Sir Breuse Sans Pite, or Sir Bruce
> without Pity, a character from Le Morte D'Artur.  He was known for his foul
> behavior, especially against helpless women, and for breeding fast horses to
> escape from good knights who would punish him.
>
> An interesting placement in the masque, no?

Since the masque seems to be a sequel, rather than a retelling, of
the matter, meseems the important thing is how he ended up rather
than how he behaved through most of the legend.  Does he, perhaps,
repent his past foul behaviour, and accompany the wounded King to
Avalon?  If so, methinks his placement in the masque would be very
appropriate (although, if I wrote the script, I'd have him changing
his middle name to "Avec").

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia