Re: MR-Disc: Registration of Arms

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Tibor wrote:

> Hmmm.  This might be considered, by some, an affront, for some Kingdoms use
> variants on their arms as augmentations.  Those are given as distinguishing
> honors.  Heraldically, it's a bit like putting a Ducal Coronet on your head.

It is my understanding that all the Kingdoms have badges that can be worn
by anyone, as opposed to the arms of the King or Queen or Heirs. This would
prevent the above comparison. I have seen (and in fact own) the nice sticker
for my car window that has the Arms of Atlantia on it. Unfortunately, I
really am not allowed to bear these arms as I am not the King. I mention
this only because I'd like to see whoever makes these redo them with the
badges of each of the kingdoms instead.

As an aside, do any of the Heralds present know if the badges for the
Laurel Kingdoms are documented anywhere that I might get hold of them to
add them to my growing collection of SCA Heraldry graphics? Response
by email will be acceptable in order to lessen the bandwidth here.

In service,
Corun