Re: MR-Disc: Registration of Arms

Poster: polearmed <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

Allah's Peace to the denizens of the Merry Rose!!

Corun MacAnndra wrote:

> Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>
>

> It is my understanding that all the Kingdoms have badges that can be worn
> by anyone, as opposed to the arms of the King or Queen or Heirs. This would
> prevent the above comparison. I have seen (and in fact own) the nice sticker
> for my car window that has the Arms of Atlantia on it. Unfortunately, I
> really am not allowed to bear these arms as I am not the King. I mention
> this only because I'd like to see whoever makes these redo them with the
> badges of each of the kingdoms instead.
>
> In service,
> Corun

I learned this the hard way.  I made a set of real nice pouches for then TRM Hrothgar
and Madigan, of the Outlands.  In a fit of supreme ignorance, I pierced in the kingdom
arms.  I intended them to be personal gifts, but at the end of the reign, they were
placed in the regalia, only to be used by reigning monarchs.  HRM Ban Irel was wearing
it this Pennsic, in fact.

Now I use the badges, since the gifts are to be made to go with the recipient.

Falcone