Re: MR-Disc: Registration of Arms

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  It is my understanding that all the Kingdoms have badges that can be worn
  by anyone, as opposed to the arms of the King or Queen or Heirs.

I don't know if that is true, but it wouldn't be all that bad if it were.  Many
folks just strip the Laurel Wreath off, and use them that way: but I don't know
if that is a good idea or not.  (I'd say not, but what do I know?)

                                I have seen (and in fact own) the nice sticker
  for my car window that has the Arms of Atlantia on it. Unfortunately, I
  really am not allowed to bear these arms as I am not the King. I mention
  this only because I'd like to see whoever makes these redo them with the
  badges of each of the kingdoms instead.

Let's try and draw aside the veil of secrecy, and look at the man behind the
curtain.  Your car is mundane, and placing a sticker on it shows interest and
allegiance.  If you placed that sticker on something you used while we play the
game, well, that's another question.

  As an aside, do any of the Heralds present know if the badges for the
  Laurel Kingdoms are documented anywhere that I might get hold of them to
  add them to my growing collection of SCA Heraldry graphics? Response
  by email will be acceptable in order to lessen the bandwidth here.

If they were, they would be in the Online Armorial.  Checking for Atlantia, for
example, there are a number of badges that have not purpose listed, but none
that are listed as "for the populace".

	Tibor