RE: Benches & Tables

Poster: "Thorpe, John" <thorpj@caepo1.columbiaSC.NCR.COM>

Greetings from Eldred!

Scripsit Calli:
%  The past two Pennsic have not been kind to the benches & tables that
%my group take up with us. So I am looking for paterns that people may
%have to create packable benches and tables. I have heard of
%other designs but have not seen any. :( So if anyone has any designs
%for packable-foldable-breakdownable tables and benches. I would be
%most greatfull if they would pot them to the list. I think others may
%be interested in this sort of thing.

Interestingly enough, we have such patterns.  Uncle Baron Rufus'
Most Excellent Stools and Tables (tm) are just the ticket.  You can
create a table and four stools from 2 (4x8) sheets of plywood.  I think
the pattern has been given over to someone who can make them
more rapidly (and somewhat less expensively) than we have.  I'll see
if I can get a pattern to you.  The table and stools are sturdy, in daily
use even now, look good with the right stain, and are designed to be
interlocking, and therefore require *no tools at all* to set up or take
apart.  Of course, you will need some tools to actually make them...8^)

In service,
Eldred