Re: Benches & Tables

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.UMD.EDU>

Calli writes:

>     The past two Pennsic have not been kind to the benches & tables that
>   my group take up with us. So I am looking for paterns that people may
>   have to create packable benches and tables. I have heard of
>   other designs but have not seen any. :( So if anyone has any designs
>   for packable-foldable-breakdownable tables and benches. I would be
>   most greatfull if they would pot them to the list. I think others may
>   be interested in this sort of thing.

Find someone near you that has either the _Oak_ number 6 (1993), or
else TI number 111 (Summer 1994).  Both of these magazines hold a copy
of the article "A Simple Gothic Bench", by me.  There are copious
illustrations, diagrams, and the like; notes on decoration and
joinery, and other useful things.  Since most anyone who was a member
in 1994 will have the TI, and anyone who was a member in Atlantia
in late 1993 will have _Oak_ number 6, you should be able to find
them easily enough.  The TI article is slightly improved from the
_Oak_ article--it has an additional two paragraphs of text and the
pictures are larger.

Regards

Dafydd ap Gwystl