Re: More heraldry questions

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  My understanding of mundane heraldry is that Ancients (aka Standards)
  never have personal arms on them.  Your standards (I think) would have
  the badge of Atlantia in the hoist, while the fly would be divided
  lengthwise with your livery colors (which are not necessarily the colors
  of your arms) strewn with your personal badges (possibly repeated)
  mixed with the badges of your vassals.  There might be a ribbon (snaking
  its way though the fly like stripes on a barber pole) bearing your
  motto.

I'll check my books at home, as soon as I can.  I don't recall if this is true
or not.

	Tibor