Re: Worshipful Company of Assassins

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> > VERY ill-advised posting.  I was under the impression that
> > assassins had been outlawed by the Crowns of Atlantia some
> > years ago.....
> >
> ???? Would there have ever been a time when assassins were IN-LAWED ????

What about the Thugs of India?
I think that Calli might know something about them.

> Besides, as long as they dress in period clothes, and behave themselves at
> events, you can't really outlaw anyone.  Though I suppose it would not be
> unreasonable to banish any known assassin from the presence of the Crown.
>
> I think UBAG being silly too...
>
> 				... but lets not get silly back at them.

Hear, hear!  I daresay none of us signed up for the Society for
Creative Anachronism, Inc., nor the Merry Rose, for silliness.

-- Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com
sil.ly \'sil-e-\ aj [ME sely, silly happy, innocent, pitiable, feeble, fr.
(assumed) OE saelig, fr. OE sael happiness; akin to OHG saelig happy, L
solari to console, Gk hilaros cheerful]
     1: HELPLESS, WEAK archaic
     2a: RUSTIC, PLAIN obs
     2b: lowly in station : HUMBLE