Re: U.B.A.G

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <Neilltl@ptsc.slg.eds.com>

Scott Silvers/James of Westmorland <ssilvers@liberty.uc.wlu.edu> wrote:

>Perhaps the reason you feel this is inappropriate is because the purpose
>of U.B.A.G. was not fully explained in the initial post.

I read your post with the explanation and I still feel assassination is
inappropriate in the SCA.

Even if the intended 'victim' agrees with the 'hit', what about those of us
who have no desire to witness these assassinations and have this fantasy
aspect intrude into the SCA?

Assassination is one of those aspects of the middle ages I feel belongs out
there with the black plague and high infant mortality.

Liefr wrote:

>Besides, as long as they dress in period cloths, and behave themselves at
>events, you can't really outlaw anygne.

No one has outlawed anyone.  I've not read that anyone even suggested
outlawing anyone.  What we are discussing is an activity, not the persons
practicing it.

        - Anarra