Re: MR: Barrett & the Beach Boys

Poster: michael.f.dullaghan@adn.alcatel.com (Mike Dullaghan)

> But since you did bring up "California Girls", it reminds
> me of another type of singing I meant to survey about:
> language from the Period set to modern melodies, such as
>
>   London girls are fine; oh, leaze me on those styles they wear.
>   And the Southern girls, wi' the way they talk,
>   They knock me oot when I'm doon there.
>   The Midlands' farmers dochters really mak you feel a'right.
>   And the Northern girls, wi' the way they kiss,
>   They keep their lemans warm at night.
>   I wish they a' cou'd be Caledonia girls.
>
> Or a better example (but harder to convey here) is my
> "Cuccu Bugge" ("Sumer Is Icumen In" in boogy-woogie).
> How does this sort of thing rate on a scale from negative
> four to positive three?
>
> -- Alfredo
>
> Alfredo el Bufon
> Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
> edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

I really want to give this one a +3 (yes, I'm warped & twisted), but
feel I need to caution you about when & where. At many events it would
tend to disrupt the mood, but one of my fondest SCA memories was at
the Performer's Revel in Storvik several years back, when the entire
room started singing "Deo Gratias Anglia" to the tune of "The Banana
Boat Song".

Michael the Eclectic, House Falconguard, Barony of Ponte Alto, Atlantia

Vert, on an inverted chevron or, a reremouse(bat) displayed sable

michael.f.dullaghan@adn.alcatel.com

Armed man = citizen.  Unarmed man = subject.

Of course these are MY opinions! Whattya think, my EMPLOYER
could've thought this stuff up?