Re: Elizabethan ruffs and collars

Poster: "Sallie Montuori, aka Alys of Foxdale" <foxdale@wolfstar.com>

> Poster:  <einar@cvn.net>  (Elen Prydydd)
>
>  andreah@cpsnet.com wrote:
> >
> >Does any one have any hints or suggestions on what materials to use
> >for a golilla (or spanish collar) or a standing collar?  I know they
> >should be of lace but I can't find anything that looks period enough.
> >Also, any hints on the methods used?
>
> I've never made one, but I have seen a book by Jean Hunnicut on theatrical
> costume that could prove handy.  I know that G Street Fabrics in Maryland
> and Virginia carries the book, and they do fill mail and/or phone orders.
> Could somebody out there post the phone number for those stores for
> Giovanna?

G Street Fabrics Centreville VA:  (703) 818-8090
5077 Westfields Blvd, Centreville, VA  20120

G Street Fabrics Rockville (Mail Order Dept.):  (301) 231-8960
11854 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD

   Alys of Foxdale        | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@wolfstar.com      |     argent, a fox passant gules.