Re: Acorn on the Web

Poster: Elizabeth Urbanik <eurbanik@leo.vsla.edu>

According to H L. Falls:
>    Ohboyohboyohboy!!!  Even still yet more Official SCA Bureaucracy!!!
> More warrents!  More required memberships!  More quarterly reports!
> More presence required at Unevent!  More official hoops to jump through!
> Thank <diety of your choice> somebody beat me to setting up a web page
> for the shire...
>    Say, maybe we could just get rid of all this medieval stuff and
> become the Society to Creat Bureaucracy (SCB)!
>
> --Landi (who knows he should just shut up, but is particularly
>          irritable today -- sorry...)

Oh, I don't know, I happen to agree with you. I think we're
moving more and more away from what everyone intended the SCA
to be -- a place to relax, have fun (whether it be research,
goofing off, fighting, helping others, etc.), travel and meet
people. I think we need to de-regulate the SCA! Why can't local
members maintain their own Web pages without having to answer
to someone for it (hey, both mundanely and Societally). I've
kept up (albeit very sporadically) the Atlantian Address List
for a good two years or more, but nobody ever gave me a
Kingdom-level (or local-level, for that matter) position for
it. Quite frankly, I wouldn't want one, since that would bring
in all sorts of people telling me when to do what. I do it as a
hobby and as a favor to Atlantians (and others). Now, if I were
a *full* goddess, I could probably handle more work, but since
I'm only a demi...

Elenore

--
Elizabeth Urbanik, Cataloger		ska Lady Elenore Spyrling
Pittsylvania County Library		    Shire of Drachentor