Re: MR: Scoto-Pictish Dog Wars

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

> Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)
>
> Lady Alianora Munro writes, in part:
> > [...] The Scots, now alert to the fact that Something Was Up, rode
> > off in pursuit of their hounds and the Picts. When they caught up
> > with the Pictish hound-abductors, the Scottish king demanded the
> > return of his dog.
> > The Picts refused. The king issued the demand a second time, and
> > a second time it was refused. [...]
>
> and
>
> > As for the story I recounted, it comes from a chronicle on which
> > I'm presently working. It's not yet been published (although I hope
> > to change that), so it'll be a little hard to look up just now,
> > unless you happen to be in Edinburgh and have a reader's card for
> > the manuscript room at the National Library of Scotland, in which
> > case it's NLS MS 1746. :) If people are interested in the
> > original though, I can dig the relevant section out of my typescript
> > and post/send in email, depending in the amount of interest in the
> > group at large.
>
> I would be very interested in reading this account, especially if
> it provides some idea of the tenor of the words that the Scots and
> Picts exchanged.
>
> -- Alfredo

I am also interested!

Miri

Miriam Rachael bat Mordecai | Purpure on a bend Or,
akaThe Intriguing Miriam    | between two swans naiant
Isenfiri-In-Exile           | respectant, wings elevated
mka: Heather E.M. Swann     | and addorsed argent, three
email:swann@intercon.com    | sprigs of heather palewise