Re: Ceremonies of property transfer

Poster: William Morris <william.morris@sc.edu>

Greetings:

In reference to the concept of the clump of dirt.  Just under a year ago
I became seneschal for the canton of Cyddlain Downs.  Going through some
of the old paperwork from years ago, I found reference to the founding of
our barony.  In that founding ceremony, a pail of "sacred dirt" from
another part of the kingdom was brought down and placed in the barony to
symbolize the "unity" of the kingdom and to welcome the new barony.

I will attempt to find that paperwork and individuals who were around at
the founding and get more information.  It seems this ceremony has been
performed already in kingdom.

Lord Liam a'Welwyn, Seneschal
Canton of Cyddlain Downs