Jobs and Cookies

Poster: Dawn Skully/HNS <Dawn_Skully@notesgw.hns.com>

Howdys to all from Aurora -

I was gonna keep my head down on this one, but I had a thought and it got
lonely so I'm gonna let it out to play.

Greg is right, it's a job not a cookie, but someday somebody might work hard
enough on the WWW to deserve a cookie. I have noticed that certain cookies
don't seem to be given out unless the work you've done is recognized as
work/effort/worthy of note/important to your Kingdom and Way Spiff. In short,
the warranted jobs. This, I believe, falls under the theory that if the work is
important enough to qualify you for The Cookie, the job is too important not to
be warranted. A secondary theory that is at work here says that if the job is
official it must be warranted, this brings us to the correlary that states that
unless the job is official it doesn't qualify for The Cookie and thus back to
start.

Is this reason enough to add another bundle of bureaucracy? Depends upon the
answers to three questions. Will the SCA recognize and reward folks who are
just doing side work (ie unwarranted and unofficial)? Is it probable that
someday people doing WWW work will want The Cookie? (Now for the good one...)
If the answer to the first question is no and the answer to the second is yes,
do we think enough of the work that these folks are doing to put up with
another bundle of bureaucracy so they have the chance to be officially and
publically recognized for their work?

Love ya Greg,
Aurora