Not Enough Saxon Violence

Poster: PETERSR@spiegel.becltd.com (Peters, Rise J.)

On October 25-27, the Barony of Storvik will host two events (Saxon
Violence, on Saturday, and a regional war practice, on Sunday) at Patuxent
River Park.  The details of the events are available in the Acorn.

I'm writing as Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon for Maryland to urge all
chirurgeons reading these words, anyone interested in apprenticing to the
chirurgeon's guild, and our dedicated, hard-working waterbearers, to join us
for these events.  I'll be setting up the canopy of my pavilion in a spot
with a good view of the fighting field, and offering hospitality (tea and
cookies, even though mine aren't the kind we've been discussing here
recently<g>) and a chance to recount war stories and to learn from one
another.  We'll be talking about, among other items, "minimum equipment
lists" for a journeyman's pack, "lessons learned" at recent events, and how
to go about setting up a point, as well as organizational efforts for the
Atlantian Chirurgeon's Collegium that Ana Ilevna and I still hope to do.

Please e-mail me at the address above or call (301) 270-1207 if you'll be
able to make it or if you have any questions.  I'd like to see a good
turnout with an opportunity for all of us to learn from each other.

Yours in service to the Kingdom of Atlantia and the Guild,

Ca