Re: Homage and Fealty

Poster: angela@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Angela Pincha-Neel - ASCC)

Tibor,

I must apologize back... I missed most of the thread that started this whole
subject and did not realize that it was a discussion of the period meanings of
the two words, homage and fealty. Based on what you wrote in your post it
appears, at least from my stand point that I am in fealty to my knight but also
homage since I have a fierce personal loyalty towards him and would never think
of it as a contractural agreement. So, I guess in period I really have no
comment... but within our 20th century realm, I get the impression that our
idea of fealty is mainly the period concept of homage with agreements...

-Mordrea-

--
                                          __^__