Re: Jobs and Cookies

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Earl Dafydd,

> John Wayne once said "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."  (OK,
> maybe it was Sam Clemens, so sue me).

Actually, without looking it up, I think that was Benjamin Disreali,
nineteenth century British primeminister.

But I suspect that the reason most knights are made from squires is that
once a good fighter is talked about in the belted set (i.e., the
Chivalry) one of their members takes him or her on, both to put a certain
polish on the candidate, and to add a certain glory to the knight's own
reputation.

In Service
Leifr Johansson