Re: Jobs and Cookies

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

Gregory:
> >Our University Fellows get the cookie after teaching at 3 University
> >sessions. I think it's a fine idea because it doesn't have the problem
> >of folks being overlooked.

Annejke:
> Unfortumnately that is not true either.  I know severla people who
> have taught at more than three and never became a fellow or were even
> thanked for their time.

Please, Annejke, bring these gentles to the attention of the Chancellor.
Fellowship is *supposed* to be an automatic cookie, but sometimes
classes get forgotten or records get lost, and any help we can give them
in completing the University archives is appreciated.

Also, sometimes University Convocation does not include ceremonies for the
various degrees. I found out about my Bachelor and Master degrees by
finding (quite by chance) a large list in small type back in June. (I
*did* get my name called when I made Fellow last December.)

In any event, missing University cookies is not intended as a slight, and
is likely due to paperwork snafu's, which we should try to help amend. The
original point should have been perhaps more clear: that getting a
Fellowship cookie from the University does not depend on who you know or
who holds political strings or anyone writing letters -- all it depends on
is teaching those classes, and the paperwork getting filed properly.

Evan da Collaureo, Bachelor and Fellow, Universitatis Atlantiae.
(See everyone in Drachentor Feb 1st!)