Re: Disc: Philosopher's Stone

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Filosofo)

> > * Should you tell your neighbors that you
> >   have accidently stolen their gold?
> >
> > * Should you repay them?
> >
> > * What should you do with your new process?
>
> My lord, the answer to these questions are rather simple
> 1 and 2: admit your mistake and return to what was theirs
> and destroy your research as it could and most likely would be misused

I'm afraid that it is not so simple; admitting your mistake and
returning the gold would have the effect of announcing to the
world that the process exists, which would then lead to its
rediscovery by The Wrong Hands after you have destroyed your
own research.  If all knowledge of the process truly deserves
destruction (as you assert) then perhaps it would be kinder to
the World if you would kill everyone who witnessed their gold
turning to lead.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia