Re: Disc: Philosopher's Stone

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)

F> [...] sell your process to the highest bidder and start buying precious
F> metals other than gold.  When the process becomes widely known, the gold
F> market will be unstable and not worth investing in because if the risk.

C>  Watch the known world's currency basis change really quickly....

A> Sell the process to the Duponts, invest in out-Kingdom certificates of
A> deposit and send checks to your neighbours after you move off-shore. . .

P> License it, and sell it...for land.

For centuries, mankind has known of several processes whereby individuals
or groups could take from their neighbors gold, other precious metals, and
even land.  (And, as with this new process, many hold that such methods
can be ethically used against enemies in war.)  If gold, land, etc, are
still valued despite these old processes, why should one more process
destabilize things.

K> I do not agree with the premise of a fluctuating gold market.  After all,
K> the same amount of gold will be there.  It just won't be YOURS! ;>

Indeed, this mere translation of gold from one location to another would
be LESS destabilizing than the transmutation of gold which the alchemist
was trying for.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia