Royal Bard

Poster: "Scott F. Vaughan" <vaughan~sf@glaxo.com>

[This message is converted from WPS-PLUS to ASCII]

(Please do not send me e-mail at the address attatched to this
message. Send responses via US-Snail or call me at 919-319-1910)

Boo! Hi everyone, this is Efen, your friendly neighborhood Royal
Bard. This missive should be going out in the next ACORN, but I
wanted to let folks know before then...

I would like to thank everyone who came out to the Bardic
Olympiad in October, performers, audience, staff, and especially
Her Majesty. She sat through an entire day of competitions to
help judge. A big HOO-RAH for the Shire of Hindscroft too! Morgan
Wolfinger was named the Gold Medalist. The Silver and Bronze
medalists, Eogan Og MacLaren and Dervila ni Leanon, qualified to
compete in the Royal Bard finals at 12th Night .

Since there were several performers who wanted a chance to
compete for the Royal Bard and couldn't make it to the Olympiad,
Her Majesty and I have decided to have one more (shorter) round
of preliminaries to be held at 12th Night in Virginia Beach, VA.
Performers should contact me before hand (letter of intent or a
phone call) so that I know how much time we will need.
Competitors should prepare at least 3 pieces (song, story, poem,
music, etc.) and be willing to judge each other fairly. We are
looking for variety, authenticity, style, and originality among
other things. I think it will be a bardic circle sort of
atmosphere rather than a staged performance. Verbal documentation
is nice for period pieces. Finals should be held late that
afternoon - probably 2-3 pieces, up to 15 min. per performer. The
next Royal Bard will likely be announced at last court. All of
this is of course subject to change at Their Majesties' whim.

Once again, DO NOT use this email address to respond to me, call
or write.

Ciao,
Lord Efenwealt Wystle
(I'm not Aed of Avigdor. I'd rather be Dougie MacLean. Steal from
the best, I say...)