Word of Thanks (was Re: MR: Wlonk)

Poster: michael.f.dullaghan@relay.adn.alcatel.com (Mike Dullaghan)

Scripsit Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

[Discussion of how to prononounce "wlonk" and various other linguistic
stuff deleted.]

> I refer you
> to the excellent transcription of the work of Friar Adam Abel, which is
> in Middle Scots English, that was recently posted here by Lady Alianora
> Munro at the request of several of the patrons of the Merry Rose (and from
> whom she never heard again after posting it and so doesn't know if those who
> requested it actually saw it. A simple and courteous word of thanks might
> be in order folks.).

An excelent point Your Most Excelent Excellency. While I was not one
of those who made the request, I was in complete agreement with them
and happy to have the text. So...

Lady Alianora,

   Thank you so much for taking the time to transcribe the
aforementioned text, especially considering your busy student
schedule. I particularly appreciate your efforts in representing those
pesky characters that are not present in ASCII (and explaining how you
had managed to represent them. I now have a copy of a most interesting
text that wouldnot otherwise be available in my permanent files.

Michael the Eclectic, House Falconguard, Barony of Ponte Alto, Atlantia
Vert, on an inverted chevron or, a reremouse(bat) displayed sable

michael.f.dullaghan@adn.alcatel.com

Armed man = citizen.  Unarmed man = subject.

Of course these are MY opinions! Whattya think, my EMPLOYER
could've thought this stuff up?