Re: On outlandish foreign customs

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)

Mistress Brannwyn Ottersby, speaking of institutional Court Escorts
in the Outlands, says, in part:

> [...] From what I can understand of the sentiments behind the
> practice here, it is certainly not that a lady (or lord ;^) [...]
> *NEEDS* such an escort for whatever reason, but that it is meant as
> a welcoming and reassuring gesture for those who may be treading that
> carpet for the first time.

Since anyone who already has an AoA has already trod the carpet,
perhaps it is the right to be unescorted (rather than the right
to bear weapons) in court that should be the special right of
Lords and Ladies.  Then the right to bear weapons in court could
be extended to everyone, or, contrariwise, restricted to those
who have received Grants or Patents of Arms.

Just a suggestion.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia