looms

Poster: Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>

Greetings all.  My lady has expressed an interest in learning the art of
weaving.  She is begging (bugging) me to buy her a loom for Xmas, as
seeing as she just won a Big Ol' Basket full of woolen yarn in a raffle
at Sac. Stone's Baronial B-Day, I have no excuse not to.  So, could any
of you experienced weavers out there recommend a place to me to order a
quality loom from?  Seeing as she is just learning and my budget is
extremely limited, I am looking into smaller-scale versions she can learn
on, as opposed to a large one.  Also, what are some ggod reference
sources she can look for to learn about period weaving practices?
Thanks!
Aye,
Eogan