knit caps

Poster: Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>

Greetings all!  I know that knit caps are period (at least in Scotland,
probably elswhere, although I wouldn't know).  I have not been able to
tell from which period, though?  Does anyone know a narrower timespan
that these garmets were worn?  Also, I am attempting to put together a
bibliography of resources to reccomend to people interested in creating
period Scottish garb.  I already have quite a list, but I am interested
in finding out what other sources people have found useful.  If you want
to contribute to this, please email me the bibliographic info, and any
comments you wish to make on that source.  Thanks alot!
Aye,
Eogan