Re: Smoking and Law

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> Maybe so, but you only gave one reason for suggesting that we abandon
> the smoking law: that we often fail to enforce it.  There are lots of
> laws that we fail to enforce; failed enforcement is insufficient
> justification.

I mean to say that there doesn't seem to be much agreement that it's a
good law, nor knowledge that the law exists.

I could think of a great reason to have sumptory laws that aren't
enforced and are widely ignored: it's very authentic!

As for Curia being the wrong forum to bring something up to publicize
it, you're probably right. A letter in the Acorn would probably be
a much more appropriate forum to first bring up the issue.

Gregory Blount