Re: Celtic Web Sites.

Poster: James and Nancy Gilly <KatieMorag@worldnet.att.net>

At 23:12 17-11-96 +0000, Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>
wrote, in response to my complaint:
> [quote of said complaint snipped]
> When this came up on the minstral list, people flamed the original poster
> for including nothing but Irish sites and calling them Celtic.  The
> arguement went on, and finally the original poster replied someting to
> the effect of "Sheesh, I give you guys 18 pages of useful websites, and
> even said 'if you have a site to add to this list, please do' and all you
> can do is whine and complain.'  Even though Celtic does not equal Irish,
> Irish does equal celtic.  Sort of a square is a rectangle, but a
> rectangle is not neccesarily a square sort of deal.  Yes, his list of
> Celtic websites left out the Scots, the Welsh, Bretons, Gauls, manx,
> Cornish, etc. etc. etc., but it did have useful info.
> Maybe he mistitled it.  That's not a big crime.  Let's please avoid
> nit-picking here, ok?
> Aye,
> Eogan

Your pardon, my lord.  I wasn't really nit-picking - just expressing my
disappointment after reading what I had hoped would be a list of exciting
Scottish websites.  (My lady, on the other hand, *is* Irish.)  Do you
perchance know of such a list?

Are you coming to Twelfth Night?  It's here in Marinus....

Alasdair mac Iain                Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by
Barony of Marinus                a sword and in chief two mullets sable