Re: On the topic of white buffaloes

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Your Excellency, you so rightly point out:

> Actually, Lord Liefr, there's something we've been meaning to mention about
> Ponte Alto Pete...
>
> As I recall, when he was presented to His Excellency and me at our
> Investiture, it was with the specific hope that he would help "increase the
> herds of Ponte Alto".  Well, it was pointed out to us not long afterward that
> Ponte Alto Pete is physically incapable of such a feat, given that he is
> missing the all-important equipment.  He, in fact, appears to have been
> gelded, and we were presented with an OX.
>
> Rather than cause a ruckus over this, we've retired Pete to a place where he
> can live a long and happy life, without frustrating the rest of the herd.
>
> :)

Oh, dear.  Unfortunately, when the idea of presenting Pete to Your
Excellencies was introduced, the subject animal was not present, and the
previous owner did not mention the fact that Pete was in no condition to
perform his assigned duties.  If I had know about the situation, I assure
you that steps would have been taken to retify this ;-).

But considering what those steps would have to have been, maybe it is
just as well...

Leifr