Re: Smoking and Law

Poster: "Edward R. Ewen, Jr." <tewen@gandalf.cs.wcu.edu>

> True, true.  But smoking is as addictive as heroin.  I don't know of any
> smokers who can restrain themselves for as long as an event.  It would be
> nice if they could, but I don't see how it will happen.

In truth, the last nuber I saw stated that cigarettes atr _four times_ as
addictive as heroin.  And, as I stated before, courtesy cuts both ways.
I try to avoid subjecting 'innocent bystanders' to my habit, and I know
of few (read: NO) smokers who smoke in public enclosed spaces.
Tolerance, accomodation, compromise...goodness, such courtesies shouldn't
be as difficult as this thread seems to indicate.

> Except my wearing my glasses does not endanger your health...

And, if you show me the same courtesy I try to show you, neither does my
smoking.

Edward