Re: Modern Personal Conveniences

Poster: "N. C. Honeycutt" <missemma@coastalnet.com>

(emma banging on the table with her new 2.5 beers mug)
Barkeep!  Hey Barkeep!  I wanna buy those lords a beer.  Yep, them.
Those fellas right over there (pointing toward Edward and Luther)
They obliviously have wlonkin' good sense.  Something which may or may
not be abundant in Known World today.

In all seriousness... I do believe that unperiod glasses are the least
of our auth. worries.  I rarly see eyeglasses... I just over look them.
I do the samething with braces, crutches, casts, etc.  What I have
trouble over looking is uncovered coolers, coleman lanterns, pop
bottles, video games, well this list could go on and on. If someone is
making a reasonable effort cut them some slack.  Most of us don't just
"do" the SCA.

As a newbie victim of the period police I was hurt and insulted.  Then I
got mad.  If my garb isn't correct or my cup bothers you, help me make
more and give me new one.  We loose good people because of the Period
Police.  I make it my personal <evil grin> misson in scadian life to
protect newbies from the so called "period police". NO ONE SHOULD EVER
FEEL UNWELCOME, OUT OF PLACE OR UNWANTED BECAUSE THEY CAN'T DRESS IN A
CERTAIN MANNER. <oh my lord, was I shouting?  oopsie.>
I'm going to hush now before I need a beer and a smoke ( and I don't
smoke).

Emma (i was bitter for a while, but i'm over that now :P) Lawles